Happy Anniversary! Haiku for You.


September marks the 1 year anniversary of The Word Wood. Hurrah! What fun it has been!

This month, in addition to our regular stories and posts, we will each honor the occasion with HAIKU!

You'll have to forgive the emo-maudlin tone of mine, I'm smack dab in the middle of a bout of self-doubt and frustration. These periods are bound to happen throughout one's writing career, it's part of the process, and I'm working through it. In the meantime, I decided to embrace it! Now, where's my eyeliner?


writer's malady

sick with the untold
novels bled out with leeches
til words beat no more.


Image: Triin Erg

4 comments:

  1. I like emo-maudlin toned poems :) Still, I hope you work through the bramble path soon! I like to think every time we have periods like this, there's something we are meant to learn from it, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how the saying goes: Nothing so much in the world screams *celebration* like leeches do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been my experience that all the Angsty Writer Action Figures come with celebratory leeches. haha.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2012 The Word Wood.